Monday, June 9, 2014

Bicycle's Day Off

After over sleeping and eating my brunch and studying for awhile I finally decided to go for a jog ever since I came back to Melbourne this march. With the weather being so so cold lately, in addition to my lack of involvement in active activity, I became more prone to coldness. So I decided why not take this opportunity to jog to the city (~2km) and get myself a nice pair of gloves (which I never found one).

After much shopping around looking for winter gear to keep me warm during the winter season. I found myself at Melbourne central, around the clock area. Checked my phone and what a coincidence that Matthew and Melissa were meeting up at the same place where I ended my journey. Great to see them alive and well. (Matthew was dying actually, as the next day his final presentation was due)

Jogging back home, it was one of those rare shuffle play moments where the song thats playing just hits you in the soul and makes you see the beauty of God and life. For me tonight was this song composed by "Still your love goes on" by Phil Wickham

I always complicate these things
Been living everything for me
But who can match Your grace
Your mercy can fill the darkest place

Still Your love goes on
Still You break me down
Still Your love runs free
Still You watch over me
Over me

I know sometimes I lose my way
And then my heart gets so afraid
But I realize and I must walk by faith and not by sight

Oh still Your love goes on
Oh still You break me down
Oh still Your love runs free
Oh still You watch over me

You watch over me ohhh
You watch over me yea yea
All is new

Oh Your love goes on its all that I can say
Oh Your love goes on it reaches all of me
Oh Your love goes on into my deepest dreams
Oh Your love goes on and on and on

Still Your love goes on
Still You break me down
Still Your love runs free
Still You watch over me

You watch over me
Oh yea
Your love goes on

I just love the first verse where it says we always complicate these things. So so true, what a mess I am sometimes making things way to complicated and being too busy to care about it. The rest of the songs is just moving and what a great expression from Phil Wickham of how great God's love is.

By jogging today I was able to slow down in life and actually enjoy the short journey from my home to the city. Usually with the bicycle it would be real quick and way less tiring. But with me jogging at a slower speed and getting pretty tired. I once again get to enjoy and embrace my surroundings. Look up into the sky, the building, nature. Stop and breathe a little. I'm alive and well and greater days are coming my way.

-RF-

No comments:

Post a Comment