Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Blind Side

This post title is base from the movie "The Blind Side"

After watching the movie, it helps me to see that such kindness and grace when shown can impact a persons life dramatically. It really bothers me the moment I saw the scene where Michael was in the room and said he never had a bed on his own before. God has allowed such a scene to move me, to let me know this is not only true in the movie itself but whats so sad is that many people never had the privilege of even owning a bed!

As I was scrolling through my Facebook, I encountered a post "List of things Asian parents say to us as kids". One very common one was "why you don't finish your food? You know some people in South Africa is struggling to even get food on the table?" I wonder why I never reply saying why not you bring me to South Africa to see it for myself, why don't we go out and truly see whats it like. Man, life is tough.

What I found amazing was Michael has a good sense of being able to move on and has a simple life principle that helps him go through the complexity that is in the world. His probably my new definition of a friendly giant. Always there to want to protect his love ones and enjoying every moment of it, without knowing what would happen next.

Another scene that I really liked was when he (Michael) was talking about courage and honour. Anyone can be courageous, even for the silliest of reasons. But when your courageous for something to fight for, you have both courage and honour. What is it that we want to fight for? Why are we fighting for it?

Leigh is a character in the movie that places the role of the mother, showing immense love and kindness in an era where blacks were viewed as dangerous and a race to avoid. At first I thought she was a very fisty who is too busy to car for anything other than her career. But the opposite happen. And instead of her helping out Michael and changing his life (which the family did), he was changing her as well. Allowing her to she that there is so much more in life than living in her porsche lifestyle and sipping tea with overprice salads.

So yeah, just some thoughts on what I got from watching the movie. I loved the movie and would recommend anyone to watch it. Oh, its also base on a true story.

-RF-

No comments:

Post a Comment