Monday, May 19, 2014

R & S Department

Research and Shopping Department

Back in the days shopping was a privilege where I was brought to a shopping mall and would enjoy walking around to see what the next store display would surprise me with. It could be the same brand of clothing that I usually wear that has a limited edition t-shirt. Or even an electronic store that shows the latest gadget with hi-tec spec. There was always an element of adventure walking around to see what excites you. Probably one reason why window shopping can sometimes be fun. I also don't recall "researching" as much before buying anything. The end result, I was a happy kid anyhow.

Now a days, I can do it all online and browse way more products in 1 hour than I can walking around in a mall. I can get what I want and not limited by the choices in a particular store. The boom in internet shopping has made it so convenient. Instead of wasting my time walking around to look for something that I want or need. I can do it comfortable on my sofa while watching a movie.  I always use the term "research" whenever I am thinking of getting something. Lets give and example, a simple bag that I wanna bring around for studies. Here is a simple example of what I did.

1. Look around for bag brands that I know of
2. Look for competition rival bag brands of the bag brands I know
3. Check out all the sites to see which bag intrigues me
4. Open multiple tabs showing the bags I like
5. Close some for those being too expensive
6. Look for dimension and reviews by other people
7. Record everything down and hope to get it one day.
8. Decide to buy it online eventually

At the end, I was shopping around Hong Kong and found none of the bags I was hoping to get, instead I found a bag while walking around and instantly beat the bags I researched on.

So yeah, just a simple story of sometimes, at the end of the day it all depends on what the shop offers.
Of course if you order online thats a different story. Try ordering a guitar online from america and ship it to Malaysia. I'd probably just fly to Singapore and get a guitar there instead haha.

-RF-


No comments:

Post a Comment