Saturday, April 12, 2014

More So I

"praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak" Ephesians 6:19 ESV

Just as Paul who prays continually prays for boldness more so I who need to pray for it.

Even though from a young age he has shown immense potential and grew up to be an elite of his culture, a Pharisee. With his great ability to study and present in public. Even his wicked actions of persecuting  the Christians was a sign of his might. 

In his epistal moment, I can only assume he is consumed by his status his work hard for. The confidence, his authority, his pride, he finds it all there. 

Even with his talents and position. The moment Christ found him. He was as good as nothing. And nothing he became to himself and everything  to Christ. 

And I repeat, he prays steadfastly for boldness and strength, depending on Him entirely.  More so I , who fail to reach such a standard even when Paul was on his own. 

"for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection" Luke 20:36 ESV

 However, when we join with Christ we now attain a new life. With new hope that gives us the ability to overcome anything that comes  before us.  We are made equal in Christ. By the best of Him, He has surpassed all my weaknesses. 

-Ronald.F-




No comments:

Post a Comment