Thursday, August 28, 2014

New Routines

I find it odd that motivation can get me going for about 1 month before things start to slow down and eventually back to the idle state thats within me. It is in fact a constant decision to fight against that inner will of being idle in life and just go with the motion.

One way I get around it is to think "would this current idleness attitude contribute to the goals or vision I have?" Usually no. Which is why I hold having a vision and goals important in life. It helps sets a direction and a sense of purpose.

Having said so, I won't condemn myself for failing at times. Its all about getting back up when you fall or get back to speed when you slow down. While at the gym today after a week of slowing down, I notice a small decline in performance. Yes, I was a little discourage, but I was reminded of the idea of small beginning. What about it? Well, I would like to think of it this way, my small beginning has passed on since the day I joined the gym, now its all about progress and would rather use the quote "Slow progress is better than no progress"whenever I start my day.

Little by little, step by step, I would have to just keep on going despite me not feeling it. At the end of the day I can always reflect and be glad I got out of bed and start my day early. Having that sense of accomplishment is important. Its a sign of progress. While there is progress, I'm already better than who I was the day before.

On a final note I would like to end with this "Consistency is the key"

R.F

No comments:

Post a Comment