Wednesday, March 26, 2014

5 Thoughts That Goes In My Head While Practising

     So for the past few weeks I've been making time to practise the guitar and somewhat made up  a schedule to follow just for the sake of being able to track roughly how I am progressing. So far so good I believe, but the road seems like a long way to go. No rush. No pressure.

1. This is difficult and I can't seem to get it

This is where I get frustrated of my lack of ability to play what I hope to play. This is discouraging especially when I tried it a lot of times already and still can't get it. But of course the key is to keep tying and trying again (with the correct technique, although not strictly). And soon I see I improved a little bit :) and thats a good thing

2. Why am I so slow?

This is probably the comparing stage where I tend to compare to people who seem to get it quick and fast. The problem with this is, I don't know how long they have spent practising and they might even be slower. So I have to convince myself its not about the finish line or other and most important is progress regardless of how slow I am. No rush for me. (For those in a rush, all the best, work hardER)

3. Yes ! I made it. Oh man another hard part !

I remind myself if I can go through what I went through. This is another hill to climb. Another brick wall in front to prove how much I wanna achieve this.

4. That's it, this is impossible

In some case it really is impossible for now. But mostly I just remind myself such as thought number 1.

5. Calling it a day

My brain is stunt, it hurts, its tired. I can rest now knowing I pushed myself for the day and I should allow it some time to cool down and absorb what I practised for the day.

Obviously this was not well planned and to write down whats it roughly like for me as I practise.  It frustrating. But its good to keep in mind a downhill slope for me to enjoy is not too far away. Keep track of your progress to find where you've improved to know the fruits through your hard work.

Practice. Practise. Practise. Practise.Practise.Practise :(
No shortcuts for this field

-Ronald-

No comments:

Post a Comment